2505 West 156th Street
Compton, CA 90220
- Compare with other schools in Compton
- Compare with nearby schools
- School Type: Elementary Schools (Public)
- Instruction Type: Partial Virtual - The school offers some, but not all, instruction through virtual instruction.
- District: Compton Unified
- Website: www.compton.k12.ca.us
- Grades: K-5
2016 CAASPP Test Score Details:
|Grade||Test Type||Mean Score||Exceeded|
- Asterisk "*" indicates scores are not available (too few) 'none'
|Hispanic or Latino||69.41%|
|American Indian or Alaska Native||0.59%|
Kindergarten Immunization Information:
(2014-15 School Year)
(2014-15 School Year)
- Up-to-date Immunizations: 93% (93)
- Conditional admission: 7% (7) 6
- Medical exemptions: 0% (0)
- Personal Belief exemptions: 0% (0)
- Religious Belief exemptions: 0% (0)
Ambler Avenue Elementary rank: 5 in Carson
Avalon Gardens Elementary rank: 5 in Los Angeles
Benjamin Banneker Career and Transition Center rank: none in Los Angeles
California Academy of Mathematics and Science rank: 10 in Carson
Centennial High rank: 2 in Compton
Compton Adult rank: none in Compton
Compton Community Day High rank: none in Compton
Compton Community Day Middle rank: none in Compton
Compton Early College High rank: none in Compton
Compton High rank: 3 in Compton
Compton Middle Opportunity rank: 1 in Compton
Davis Middle rank: 1 in Compton
Dickison Elementary rank: 3 in Compton
Enterprise Middle rank: 3 in Compton
Gardena Elementary rank: 5 in Gardena
Harriet Tubman High rank: none in Compton
Laurel Street Elementary rank: 6 in Compton
Longfellow Elementary rank: 3 in Compton
McKinley Elementary rank: 2 in Compton
New Designs Charter School-Watts rank: 2 in Los Angeles
Ralph Bunche Elementary rank: 2 in Carson
Robert F. Kennedy Elementary rank: 1 in Compton
Ronald E. McNair Elementary rank: 2 in Compton
Thurgood Marshall rank: none in Compton
Tibby Elementary rank: 7 in Compton
Vanguard Learning Center rank: 2 in Los Angeles
Walton Middle rank: 1 in Compton
Washington Elementary rank: 2 in Compton
- California School Ratings (CSR) computes percentiles in this way:
- For a given grade level, all Math scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- For a given grade level, all English scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- Math and English percentiles from (a & b above) are weighted, based on the number of students who completed each type of test, to create a combined Math+English weighted percentile for each school.
- The combined Math+English weighted percentiles are put into an ordered list for the particular type of school (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) and a percentile-within-the-school-type is calculated.
- How percentiles work: the school percentile is a number between 0 and 100 that reflects the percentage of schools of the same type (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) in California that have an equal or lower combined Math+English weighted percentile (from 1-c above). For example, a school in the 70th percentile would have a combined weighted percentile that was equal to or better than 70% of the other schools of the same type.
- The CSR Rank is determined by a school's percentile in comparison to other schools of the same type in California (from 1-d above). (1 is the worst, 10 is the best). Schools in the 90th percentile and above have rank 10, 80%-89.999% rank 9 and so on. A similar number of schools occupy each rank. * This rank is derived from data in the 2016 California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP).
- Alternative Schools receive percentiles, but are not ranked
- More information: 2016 CAASPP Paper-based Test Results