Gulf Avenue Elementary
828 West L Street
Wilmington, CA 90744
- Compare with other schools in Wilmington
- Compare with nearby schools
- School Type: Elementary Schools (Public)
- District: Los Angeles Unified
- Grades: K-5
2016 CAASPP Test Score Details:
|Grade||Test Type||Mean Score||Exceeded|
- Asterisk "*" indicates scores are not available (too few) 'none'
|Hispanic or Latino||93.72%|
|Two or More Races||0.11%|
Kindergarten Immunization Information:
(2014-15 School Year)
(2014-15 School Year)
- Up-to-date Immunizations: 66% (121)
- Conditional admission: 34% (63) 6
- Medical exemptions: 0% (0)
- Personal Belief exemptions: 0% (0)
- Religious Belief exemptions: 0% (0)
Academies of Education and Empowerment at Carson High rank: 8 in Carson
Academy of Medical Arts at Carson High rank: 10 in Carson
Alexander Fleming Middle rank: 5 in Lomita
Avalon High rank: 2 in Wilmington
BACIS Banning Academies of Creative and Innovative Sciences rank: 8 in Wilmington
Broad Avenue Elementary rank: 4 in Wilmington
Caroldale Learning Community rank: 7 in Carson
Catskill Avenue Elementary rank: 4 in Carson
Dolores Street Elementary rank: 4 in Carson
Eagle Tree Continuation rank: 1 in Carson
Eshelman Avenue Elementary rank: 7 in Lomita
Fries Avenue Elementary rank: 2 in Wilmington
George De La Torre Jr. Elementary rank: 1 in Wilmington
George S. Patton Continuation rank: 2 in Harbor City
HARTS Humanities and Arts Academy of Los Angeles rank: 5 in Harbor City
Harbor City Elementary rank: 5 in Harbor City
Harbor Teacher Preparation Academy rank: 10 in Wilmington
Harry Bridges Span rank: 6 in Wilmington
Hawaiian Avenue Elementary rank: 3 in Wilmington
Nathaniel Narbonne Senior High rank: 6 in Harbor City
Normont Elementary rank: 1 in Harbor City
Phineas Banning Senior High rank: 6 in Wilmington
President Avenue Elementary rank: 3 in Harbor City
STEAM Wilmington Middle Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Mathematics Magnet rank: 4 in Wilmington
Taper Avenue Elementary rank: 8 in San Pedro
Two Hundred Thirty-Second Place rank: 7 in Carson
William J. Johnston Community Day rank: 2 in San Pedro
Wilmington Park Elementary rank: 4 in Wilmington
- California School Ratings (CSR) computes percentiles in this way:
- For a given grade level, all Math scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- For a given grade level, all English scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- Math and English percentiles from (a & b above) are weighted, based on the number of students who completed each type of test, to create a combined Math+English weighted percentile for each school.
- The combined Math+English weighted percentiles are put into an ordered list for the particular type of school (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) and a percentile-within-the-school-type is calculated.
- How percentiles work: the school percentile is a number between 0 and 100 that reflects the percentage of schools of the same type (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) in California that have an equal or lower combined Math+English weighted percentile (from 1-c above). For example, a school in the 70th percentile would have a combined weighted percentile that was equal to or better than 70% of the other schools of the same type.
- The CSR Rank is determined by a school's percentile in comparison to other schools of the same type in California (from 1-d above). (1 is the worst, 10 is the best). Schools in the 90th percentile and above have rank 10, 80%-89.999% rank 9 and so on. A similar number of schools occupy each rank. * This rank is derived from data in the 2016 California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP).
- Alternative Schools receive percentiles, but are not ranked
- More information: 2016 CAASPP Paper-based Test Results