Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics at Legacy High School Complex
5225 Tweedy Boulevard
South Gate, CA 90280
- Compare with other schools in South Gate
- Compare with nearby schools
- School Type: High Schools (Public)
- Instruction Type: Partial Virtual - The school offers some, but not all, instruction through virtual instruction.
- District: Los Angeles Unified
- Grades: 9-12
2016 CAASPP Test Score Details:
|Grade||Test Type||Mean Score||Exceeded|
- Asterisk "*", if present, indicates scores are not available (too few)
Calculated Percentiles from California School Ratings:
|English Language Arts/Literacy||Mathematics|
|Grade||Percentile||Students Tested||Percentile||Students Tested|
Weighted average for this school's Math and English test scores: 66.44%1-c
This school is in the 67.14th percentile1-d when compared to other schools of the same type: High School
SAT Test Results:
Aspire Firestone Academy Charter rank: 6 in South Gate
Aspire Gateway Academy Charter rank: 6 in South Gate
Bell Gardens Elementary rank: 2 in Bell Gardens
Bryson Avenue Elementary rank: 7 in South Gate
Cesar Chavez Middle rank: 2 in Lynwood
Elizabeth Learning Center rank: 3 in Cudahy
Hollydale rank: 5 in South Gate
International Studies Learning Center at Legacy High School Complex rank: 7 in South Gate
Los Padrinos Juvenile Hall rank: 1 in Downey
Lugo Elementary rank: 1 in Lynwood
Lynwood Adult rank: none in Lynwood
Lynwood Alternative rank: none in Lynwood
Lynwood High rank: 5 in Lynwood
Marco Antonio Firebaugh High rank: 5 in Lynwood
Old River Elementary rank: 7 in Downey
Park Avenue Elementary rank: 3 in Cudahy
Pathway Independent Study rank: 2 in Lynwood
Roosevelt Elementary rank: 2 in Lynwood
San Gabriel Avenue Elementary rank: 3 in South Gate
San Miguel Elementary rank: 2 in South Gate
South Gate Middle rank: 3 in South Gate
Stauffer Middle rank: 6 in Downey
Thurgood Marshall Elementary rank: 5 in Lynwood
Tweedy Elementary rank: 4 in South Gate
Vista High rank: 1 in Lynwood
Visual and Performing Arts at Legacy High School Complex rank: 5 in South Gate
Washington Elementary rank: 5 in Lynwood
Will Rogers Elementary rank: 5 in Lynwood
- California School Ratings (CSR) computes percentiles in this way:
- For a given grade level, all Math scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- For a given grade level, all English scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- Math and English percentiles from (a & b above) are weighted, based on the number of students who completed each type of test, to create a combined Math+English weighted percentile for each school.
- The combined Math+English weighted percentiles are put into an ordered list for the particular type of school (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) and a percentile-within-the-school-type is calculated.
- How percentiles work: the school percentile is a number between 0 and 100 that reflects the percentage of schools of the same type (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) in California that have an equal or lower combined Math+English weighted percentile (from 1-c above). For example, a school in the 70th percentile would have a combined weighted percentile that was equal to or better than 70% of the other schools of the same type.
- The CSR Rank is determined by a school's percentile in comparison to other schools of the same type in California (from 1-d above). (1 is the worst, 10 is the best). Schools in the 90th percentile and above have rank 10, 80%-89.999% rank 9 and so on. A similar number of schools occupy each rank. * This rank is derived from data in the 2016 California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP).
- Alternative Schools receive percentiles, but are not ranked
- More information: 2016 CAASPP Paper-based Test Results