8015 Van Nuys Boulevard
Panorama City, CA 91402
- Compare with other schools in Panorama City
- Compare with nearby schools
- School Type: High Schools (Public)
- Instruction Type: Partial Virtual - The school offers some, but not all, instruction through virtual instruction.
- District: Los Angeles Unified
- Grades: 9-12
2016 CAASPP Test Score Details:
|Grade||Test Type||Mean Score||Exceeded|
- Asterisk "*", if present, indicates scores are not available (too few)
Calculated Percentiles from California School Ratings:
|English Language Arts/Literacy||Mathematics|
|Grade||Percentile||Students Tested||Percentile||Students Tested|
Weighted average for this school's Math and English test scores: 38.36%1-c
This school is in the 41.94th percentile1-d when compared to other schools of the same type: High School
SAT Test Results:
Alta California Elementary rank: 1 in Panorama City
Andres and Maria Cardenas Elementary rank: 1 in Van Nuys
Ararat Charter rank: 7 in Van Nuys
Burton Street Elementary rank: 3 in Panorama City
CHAMPS - Charter HS of Arts-Multimedia & Performing rank: 6 in Van Nuys
Cal Burke High rank: 2 in Panorama City
Canterbury Avenue Elementary rank: 6 in Pacomia
Carlos Santana Arts Academy rank: 1 in North Hills
Chase Street Elementary rank: 2 in Panorama City
Cohasset Street Elementary rank: 3 in Van Nuys
Girls Athletic Leadership School Los Angeles rank: none in Los Angeles
Hazeltine Avenue Elementary rank: 2 in Van Nuys
Langdon Avenue Elementary rank: 1 in North Hills
Liggett Street Elementary rank: 3 in Panorama City
Michelle Obama Elementary rank: 2 in Panorama City
Noble Avenue Elementary rank: 5 in North Hills
Options for Youth-Hermosa Beach, Inc. rank: none in Van Nuys
Panorama City Elementary rank: 1 in Panorama City
Plummer Elementary rank: 2 in North Hills
Primary Academy for Success rank: none in Panorama City
Ranchito Avenue Elementary rank: 6 in Panorama City
Robert Fulton College Preparatory rank: 3 in Van Nuys
Rosa Parks Learning Center rank: 2 in North Hills
Saticoy Elementary rank: 3 in North Hollywood
Valerio Street Elementary rank: 4 in Van Nuys
Valor Academy High rank: 7 in Panorama City
Valor Academy Middle rank: 7 in North Hills
Vista Middle rank: 1 in Panorama City
- California School Ratings (CSR) computes percentiles in this way:
- For a given grade level, all Math scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- For a given grade level, all English scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- Math and English percentiles from (a & b above) are weighted, based on the number of students who completed each type of test, to create a combined Math+English weighted percentile for each school.
- The combined Math+English weighted percentiles are put into an ordered list for the particular type of school (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) and a percentile-within-the-school-type is calculated.
- How percentiles work: the school percentile is a number between 0 and 100 that reflects the percentage of schools of the same type (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) in California that have an equal or lower combined Math+English weighted percentile (from 1-c above). For example, a school in the 70th percentile would have a combined weighted percentile that was equal to or better than 70% of the other schools of the same type.
- The CSR Rank is determined by a school's percentile in comparison to other schools of the same type in California (from 1-d above). (1 is the worst, 10 is the best). Schools in the 90th percentile and above have rank 10, 80%-89.999% rank 9 and so on. A similar number of schools occupy each rank. * This rank is derived from data in the 2016 California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP).
- Alternative Schools receive percentiles, but are not ranked
- More information: 2016 CAASPP Paper-based Test Results