14200 Van Nuys Boulevard
Arleta, CA 91331
- Compare with other schools in Arleta
- Compare with nearby schools
- School Type: High Schools (Public)
- District: Los Angeles Unified
- Grades: 9-12
2016 CAASPP Test Score Details:
|Grade||Test Type||Mean Score||Exceeded|
- Asterisk "*" indicates scores are not available (too few) 'none'
SAT Test Results:
|Average Reading Score||452|
|Average Math Score||462|
|Percent Tested||96.2% (301 out of 313 seniors)|
|Hispanic or Latino||94.56%|
|American Indian or Alaska Native||0.07%|
|Two or More Races||0.07%|
Alta California Elementary rank: 1 in Panorama City
Beachy Avenue Elementary rank: 3 in Arleta
Bert Corona Charter rank: 3 in Pacoima
Canterbury Avenue Elementary rank: 6 in Pacomia
Carlos Santana Arts Academy rank: 1 in North Hills
Chase Street Elementary rank: 2 in Panorama City
Francisco Sepulveda Middle rank: 1 in North Hills
Haddon Avenue Elementary rank: 2 in Pacoima
Lassen Elementary rank: 6 in North Hills
Liggett Street Elementary rank: 3 in Panorama City
Mission Continuation rank: 1 in San Fernando
Montague Charter Academy rank: 4 in Pacoima
O'Melveny Elementary rank: 5 in San Fernando
Pacoima Charter Elementary rank: 4 in Pacoima
Pacoima Middle rank: 2 in Pacoima
Pacoima Skills Center rank: none in Pacoima
Panorama City Elementary rank: 1 in Panorama City
Plummer Elementary rank: 2 in North Hills
Primary Academy for Success rank: none in Panorama City
Rosa Parks Learning Center rank: 2 in North Hills
San Fernando Elementary rank: 3 in San Fernando
San Fernando Senior High rank: 6 in San Fernando
San Jose Street Elementary rank: 8 in Mission Hills
Sharp Avenue Elementary rank: 3 in Arleta
Telfair Avenue Elementary rank: 1 in Pacoima
Valor Academy Middle rank: 7 in North Hills
Vena Avenue Elementary rank: 8 in Arleta
Vintage Math/Science/Technology Magnet rank: 9 in North Hills
- California School Ratings (CSR) computes percentiles in this way:
- For a given grade level, all Math scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- For a given grade level, all English scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- Math and English percentiles from (a & b above) are weighted, based on the number of students who completed each type of test, to create a combined Math+English weighted percentile for each school.
- The combined Math+English weighted percentiles are put into an ordered list for the particular type of school (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) and a percentile-within-the-school-type is calculated.
- How percentiles work: the school percentile is a number between 0 and 100 that reflects the percentage of schools of the same type (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) in California that have an equal or lower combined Math+English weighted percentile (from 1-c above). For example, a school in the 70th percentile would have a combined weighted percentile that was equal to or better than 70% of the other schools of the same type.
- The CSR Rank is determined by a school's percentile in comparison to other schools of the same type in California (from 1-d above). (1 is the worst, 10 is the best). Schools in the 90th percentile and above have rank 10, 80%-89.999% rank 9 and so on. A similar number of schools occupy each rank. * This rank is derived from data in the 2016 California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP).
- Alternative Schools receive percentiles, but are not ranked
- More information: 2016 CAASPP Paper-based Test Results