9513 Brookshire Avenue
Downey, CA 90240
- Compare with other schools in Downey
- Compare with nearby schools
- School Type: Elementary Schools (Public)
- District: Downey Unified
- Grades: K-5
2016 CAASPP Test Score Details:
|Grade||Test Type||Mean Score||Exceeded|
- Asterisk "*" indicates scores are not available (too few) 'none'
|Hispanic or Latino||82.03%|
|Two or More Races||1.14%|
Kindergarten Immunization Information:
(2014-15 School Year)
(2014-15 School Year)
- Up-to-date Immunizations: 97% (95)
- Conditional admission: 1% (1) 6
- Medical exemptions: 0% (0)
- Personal Belief exemptions: 2% (2)
- Religious Belief exemptions: 2% (2)
Birney Tech Academy rank: 2 in Pico Rivera
Doty Middle rank: 6 in Downey
Downey High rank: 8 in Downey
Early Learning Program rank: none in Pico Rivera
Ellen Ochoa Prep Academy rank: none in Pico Rivera
Ford Park Community Adult rank: none in Bell Gardens
Garfield Elementary rank: 1 in Bell Gardens
Griffiths Middle rank: 7 in Downey
Jersey Avenue Elementary rank: 7 in Santa Fe Springs
Laguna Nueva rank: none in City Of Commerce
Lake Center Middle rank: 7 in Santa Fe Springs
Lakeside Middle rank: 7 in Norwalk
Lakeview Elementary rank: 7 in Santa Fe Springs
Magee Academy of Arts & Sciences rank: 4 in Pico Rivera
Price Elementary rank: 8 in Downey
Rancho Santa Gertrudes Elementary rank: 4 in Santa Fe Springs
Rio Hondo Elementary rank: 6 in Downey
Rio San Gabriel Elementary rank: 7 in Downey
Rivera Elementary rank: 5 in Pico Rivera
Rivera Middle rank: 4 in Pico Rivera
STEAM Academy @ Burke rank: 7 in Pico Rivera
Santa Fe High rank: 8 in Santa Fe Springs
Studebaker Elementary rank: 7 in Norwalk
Suva Elementary rank: 2 in Bell Gardens
Suva Intermediate rank: 3 in Bell Gardens
Unsworth Elementary rank: 8 in Downey
Warren High rank: 8 in Downey
Williams Elementary rank: 7 in Downey
- California School Ratings (CSR) computes percentiles in this way:
- For a given grade level, all Math scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- For a given grade level, all English scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- Math and English percentiles from (a & b above) are weighted, based on the number of students who completed each type of test, to create a combined Math+English weighted percentile for each school.
- The combined Math+English weighted percentiles are put into an ordered list for the particular type of school (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) and a percentile-within-the-school-type is calculated.
- How percentiles work: the school percentile is a number between 0 and 100 that reflects the percentage of schools of the same type (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) in California that have an equal or lower combined Math+English weighted percentile (from 1-c above). For example, a school in the 70th percentile would have a combined weighted percentile that was equal to or better than 70% of the other schools of the same type.
- The CSR Rank is determined by a school's percentile in comparison to other schools of the same type in California (from 1-d above). (1 is the worst, 10 is the best). Schools in the 90th percentile and above have rank 10, 80%-89.999% rank 9 and so on. A similar number of schools occupy each rank. * This rank is derived from data in the 2016 California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP).
- Alternative Schools receive percentiles, but are not ranked
- More information: 2016 CAASPP Paper-based Test Results