8141 De Palma Street
Downey, CA 90241
- Compare with other schools in Downey
- Compare with nearby schools
- School Type: High Schools (Public)
- District: Downey Unified
- Grades: 9-12
2016 CAASPP Test Score Details:
|Grade||Test Type||Mean Score||Exceeded|
- Asterisk "*" indicates scores are not available (too few) 'none'
SAT Test Results:
|Average Reading Score||517|
|Average Math Score||512|
|Percent Tested||88% (752 out of 855 seniors)|
|Hispanic or Latino||89.23%|
|American Indian or Alaska Native||0.3%|
|Two or More Races||0.19%|
Alameda Elementary rank: 6 in Downey
Alternative Opportunity Programs rank: 2 in Downey
Carpenter Elementary rank: 5 in Downey
Columbus Continuation rank: 2 in Downey
Doty Middle rank: 6 in Downey
Downey Adult rank: none in Downey
Downey High rank: 8 in Downey
Ford Park Community Adult rank: none in Bell Gardens
Gallatin Elementary rank: 8 in Downey
Garfield Elementary rank: 1 in Bell Gardens
Gauldin Elementary rank: 5 in Downey
Griffiths Middle rank: 7 in Downey
Imperial Elementary rank: 7 in Downey
Lewis Elementary rank: 8 in Downey
Los Angeles County ROP rank: none in Downey
Los Angeles County Special Education rank: 1 in Downey
Los Padrinos Juvenile Hall rank: 1 in Downey
Old River Elementary rank: 7 in Downey
Price Elementary rank: 8 in Downey
Rio Hondo Elementary rank: 6 in Downey
Rio San Gabriel Elementary rank: 7 in Downey
Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics at Legacy High School Complex rank: 7 in South Gate
Stauffer Middle rank: 6 in Downey
Sussman Middle rank: 5 in Downey
Theodore Roosevelt rank: 4 in Paramount
Visual and Performing Arts at Legacy High School Complex rank: 5 in South Gate
Ward Elementary rank: 6 in Downey
Williams Elementary rank: 7 in Downey
- California School Ratings (CSR) computes percentiles in this way:
- For a given grade level, all Math scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- For a given grade level, all English scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- Math and English percentiles from (a & b above) are weighted, based on the number of students who completed each type of test, to create a combined Math+English weighted percentile for each school.
- The combined Math+English weighted percentiles are put into an ordered list for the particular type of school (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) and a percentile-within-the-school-type is calculated.
- How percentiles work: the school percentile is a number between 0 and 100 that reflects the percentage of schools of the same type (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) in California that have an equal or lower combined Math+English weighted percentile (from 1-c above). For example, a school in the 70th percentile would have a combined weighted percentile that was equal to or better than 70% of the other schools of the same type.
- The CSR Rank is determined by a school's percentile in comparison to other schools of the same type in California (from 1-d above). (1 is the worst, 10 is the best). Schools in the 90th percentile and above have rank 10, 80%-89.999% rank 9 and so on. A similar number of schools occupy each rank. * This rank is derived from data in the 2016 California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP).
- Alternative Schools receive percentiles, but are not ranked
- More information: 2016 CAASPP Paper-based Test Results