Colonel Howard Nichols Elementary
3401 Renegade Avenue
Bakersfield, CA 93306
- Compare with other schools in Bakersfield
- Compare with nearby schools
- School Type: Elementary Schools (Public)
- District: Bakersfield City
- Website: www.bcsd.com/nichols
- Grades: K-6
2016 CAASPP Test Score Details:
|Grade||Test Type||Mean Score||Exceeded|
- Asterisk "*" indicates scores are not available (too few) 'none'
|Hispanic or Latino||73.96%|
|Two or More Races||1.52%|
|American Indian or Alaska Native||1.01%|
Kindergarten Immunization Information:
(2014-15 School Year)
(2014-15 School Year)
- Up-to-date Immunizations: 91% (99)
- Conditional admission: 3% (3) 6
- Medical exemptions: 0% (0)
- Personal Belief exemptions: 6% (7)
- Religious Belief exemptions: 0% (0)
Colonel Howard Nichols Elementary rank: 5 in Bakersfield
Compton Junior High rank: 2 in Bakersfield
Harding Elementary rank: 6 in Bakersfield
Chipman Junior High rank: 4 in Bakersfield
Henry Eissler Elementary rank: 4 in Bakersfield
College Heights Elementary rank: 1 in Bakersfield
Highland High rank: 7 in Bakersfield
Washington Middle rank: 2 in Bakersfield
Myra A. Noble Elementary rank: 1 in Bakersfield
East Bakersfield High rank: 4 in Bakersfield
Horace Mann Elementary rank: 4 in Bakersfield
Dr. Douglas K. Fletcher Elementary rank: 7 in Bakersfield
Jefferson Elementary rank: 2 in Bakersfield
Ramon Garza Elementary rank: 4 in Bakersfield
Williams Elementary rank: 1 in Bakersfield
Sierra Middle rank: 1 in Bakersfield
Dr. Juliet Thorner Elementary rank: 6 in Bakersfield
Pioneer Drive Elementary rank: 1 in Bakersfield
Walter Stiern Middle rank: 2 in Bakersfield
Hort Elementary rank: 2 in Bakersfield
Longfellow Elementary rank: 1 in Bakersfield
Mt. Vernon Elementary rank: 2 in Bakersfield
Virginia Avenue Elementary rank: 1 in Bakersfield
Bessie E. Owens Intermediate rank: 5 in Bakersfield
- California School Ratings (CSR) computes percentiles in this way:
- For a given grade level, all Math scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- For a given grade level, all English scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- Math and English percentiles from (a & b above) are weighted, based on the number of students who completed each type of test, to create a combined Math+English weighted percentile for each school.
- The combined Math+English weighted percentiles are put into an ordered list for the particular type of school (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) and a percentile-within-the-school-type is calculated.
- How percentiles work: the school percentile is a number between 0 and 100 that reflects the percentage of schools of the same type (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) in California that have an equal or lower combined Math+English weighted percentile (from 1-c above). For example, a school in the 70th percentile would have a combined weighted percentile that was equal to or better than 70% of the other schools of the same type.
- The CSR Rank is determined by a school's percentile in comparison to other schools of the same type in California (from 1-d above). (1 is the worst, 10 is the best). Schools in the 90th percentile and above have rank 10, 80%-89.999% rank 9 and so on. A similar number of schools occupy each rank. * This rank is derived from data in the 2016 California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP).
- Alternative Schools receive percentiles, but are not ranked
- More information: 2016 CAASPP Paper-based Test Results